Friday, November 7, 2014

POST PARTISAN DEPRESSION

I was all set this morning to collect my observations of the Tuesday election and start pontificating, when I stumbled across a full six page spread about the new JAMES CANCER HOSPITAL in The Columbus Dispatch.
Touted to be the greatest, most advanced, most technologically capable cancer hospital in the world, it does have one anomaly noteworthy to expose.
Despite the fact that this is the year 2014, despite the fact that the hospital was designed by architects and engineers with the complete and constant collaboration of the top Physicians, Physicists, Psychiatrists and Scientists in the WORLD, and cost $750 MILLION, 
THE NEW JAMES CANCER HOSPITAL HAS NO THIRTEENTH FLOOR ! 
The stated reason is -- a reflection of the "UNLUCKINESS" often associated with the number.
Please save us from the superstitious ignoramus bureaucrat that made this decision.
How can I possibly trust my cancers to people that believe in superstition and luck ?
I did not make this up, read it and weep.
ED